Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thing #13 Delicious

The social bookmarking site, delicious, has been something I have heard about, but have never used before. Without using a social bookmarking site, for less than six months, it is difficult to be amazed. As I understand the idea is to save my sites to this site in delicious. My main delicious page is http://del.icio.us/bharatp49 . I have also established the buttons on my PC.The option to provide notes and tags are provided by delicious and it also has an option to provide RSS feeds. I wish I had been introduced to the delicious, soon after I was born. I would have happily stored all my photos, music, video, class-lectures and all my information on delicious and accessed it whenever and wherever necessary. It is not enough just to have an account. I think I should organize all my information in the delicious account. The option of sharing it with several people and understand that several others have been thinking on the same line , gives impetus to my ideas. Right now, the information system that I have is such a confusion, that if I am hit by a truck on the way to work, nobody would be able to untangle the jumble. That is a resolution , I want to make , on my 59th birthday that, I would organize all my information and share it with all interested parties, within one year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home